Pump Starter Relay Interference

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by burlap, May 9, 2006.

1. burlap

burlap LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Installing a Hunter Pro-C controller and a Hunter Starter relay. Directions say they have to be 15' feet apart. Is that requirement in stone or do I have options? If that is the case is this combination peculiar in having that problem? I can probably separate them, but it doesn't make a very neat arrangement. If there are no other options, shat about going to a pressure system with just a small tank to start the pump(2 hp)-once started the pump will be running for hours and shouldn't cycle. I've done it alot with 1 HP pumps. Thanks for any help, burlap

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The timer is a low-power device, and somewhat susceptible to electrical interference, so that's where the advisory comes from. Hunter wants to cover their tail in case your installation goes wrong. I've installed one of their SRCs in a room full of large motors and such, and no worries. If you use a pressure switch, be certain it's rated for the motor horsepower.

3. burlap

burlap LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I think I'll go ahead and try it because I've already taken a knockout out, so I can't return it. I'called Hunter and I got that impression that they had no intension of helping me do anything else. Thanks again, burlap