pumphouse

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cutbetterthanyou, Mar 7, 2007.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering if anyone has used put anything besides sideing on the walls of a pump house. Right now there is vinil sideing but the wind has blown it off. I was thinking of something like the block you make walls out off. Has anyone done anything like this? Does it look dumb? Any pics ? Even if you have not done this what do you think it will look like?

2. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you take the siding off then bituthene or Typar, lathe and veneer it??? Pretty simple as long as your structure is solid....if not it will just crack and break apart over the years. You can use any kind of stone, natural or manufactured depending on your budget. Here's a front entry that uses the same application practice right over your exterior sheething.

culturestoneveneer.JPG

3. cutbetterthanyou

That looks good I have never done that before is it easy? Where do you get it from, same place that sells pavers or somewhere else? I was thinking of somthing dry stacked and free standing because some of the cinder blocks are loose I don't want to redo it later because of cracking. I may just redo the whole thing.

4. MarcusLndscp

if you can post a pic of your "pumphouse" so I can see really what your application is. The product here is culture stone and you can buy it at most masonry supply companies...I think even Home Depot and Lowes sell it now but not too sure on that.

Is it easy? If I can teach Greenmonster to do it then anyone can do it. :)

5. cutbetterthanyou

I'll have to try when the snow is off I have never posted a pic on here before. I'll have the wife help me out.

6. cutbetterthanyou

I'll warn ya its rough, the top is just sitting there. I had to take it off yesterday the pipes froze.

DSC00151.jpg

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a dog house to me!!

Either stone it up or put on some side cedar shake siding.

8. cutbetterthanyou

Told ya it was rough. My dad got some yahoo to siding it and put the roof on it as a house warming present. Guess its the thought that counts.Did ya notice the 3 different color shingles? Thats one reason I am thinking of just redoing the whole thing myself

9. MarcusLndscp

Looks as if there's block work under the siding??? If I'm correct it seems to be in pretty bad shape. You need to be sure of you footing and block work if you plan to veneer it.