Pumping for Lake for Irrigation system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tonyvol, Aug 26, 2011.

1. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Berkley sshm2 ... wire hydro zones together.......

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You need to define your system with numbers, and match them up with a pump

3. Here is the guy you need OP. If nothing else pay him a consulting fee to be sure you get it right.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

do you get a cut of the consulting fee? payup

5. No but my likability factor goes up.

6. earthmgtsolutions

earthmgtsolutions LawnSite Member

Ok tony, take the 2.5 gpm times the number of heads per zone. so 6 times 2.5=15 gpm. is what you need. Now, make sure your pump can proved this flow with at least 40 psi (using a pump flow chart), in addition to the loss of pressure from lake to mainline connection. You can find those numbers online or I can help you more directly. You can email me @ Rodger@earthsolutionstoday.com

7. earthmgtsolutions

earthmgtsolutions LawnSite Member

Hey tony, I am guessing a 2hp Munroe Pump will do ya. It has a 2" output for your mainline

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Big thing is also what kind of valves you got. The hd orbits dont hold up well to the dirty water.

9. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Tony, I'll call you tomorrow and we'll see if we can get this sorted out for you. Thanks for the replies guys, he lives here in town, we'll get him fixed up.

10. tonyvol

tonyvol LawnSite Member
    from Cumming

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me? I called around to several irrigation companies and nobody will call me back. So I've decided to do the install myself. I installed the irrigation system that I have now. My neighbor has some basic equipment to measure elevation, so below are the measurements we got. Will I be able to pump enough water to run 1 zone at a time?
    I was think about getting a Berkley pump(sp.) not sure which? What else will I need to install the system bysides wire to run the pump?

Here is what I have:

6 zones with 6 rotor sprinkler heads 2.5 GPM
    3 zones in backyard 2 zones with 3 rotor 2.5 GPM sprinkler heads ea, 1 zone with 4 pop up heads
    Backyard elevation is 77 ft. from lake
    Front yard elevation is 113 ft. from lake
    400 ft of 1 1/2 pipe to backyard
    Another 200 ft of 1 1/2 pipe to front yard
    500 ft of wire to run pump(will get with electrician to see what size)

Thanks for your help,
    Tony