Pumping gas in NJ

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Korey, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

I live in PA but was in NJ the other day at a gas station and was wondering how you guys pump gas if you have to fill up your truck, mowers, and gas tanks all at one stop? Do the attendants fill em all up, crawl over the trailers, etc, or is there an exception for people like us?

2. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

you can do everything at once. if you ask they will let you fill it all up yourself unless u go to a jerk off..if not then u would probably have to get all of the tanks out and just fill up the tanks. ( i wouldnt let them pump gas straight into my mowers)

3. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

Full Service gas stations all but dried in the late 1980s

4. Korey

I think NJ's no pumping gas law is ridiculous. My mom grew up in NJ and never knew how to pump gas. A couple of years ago she had to pump her own gas and was clueless, so a guy that was pumping gas had to help her out. I wonder what everybody else's experience is at NJ gas stations with their equipment.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The only one here is swifty gas they will pump it for you.

6. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

idk if its a law or not but they let me pump my own gas into my motorcycle and the cans if i ask

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We fill everything ourselves.

8. Korey

And nobody's hassled you about it?

9. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

we fill ours most of the time ourselves the attendents at the station all know us so they dont care.

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Nope. Even when I fill my vehicle ,If the attendants busy I'll start the pump and let him finish it off.