Pumps, pumps, pumps........

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Niagara Falls, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls LawnSite Member

I've been looking around the net and there must be at least 2 dozen pump manufacturers. How does one determine who makes the best pump for reliability, etc. Based one some feed back from my local bylaw officials, I'm going to have to change my design a bit. So I'll need a pump, but it won't be pumping up for a six foot high by 10 foot wide waterfall, as I originally planned, but about 6 feet wide and only 3-4 feet high.
    I am going to have the pump in a skimmer box at the far end of the pond, so total distance from pump to top of waterfall will be approximately15 feet then up 5.

So after reading the blather, what are the good pump manufaturers.

Thanks in advance
  2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Tsurumi, Easy Pro, Aquascape in that order for submersibles.
  3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using Big Frog pumps from Anjon with good results so far, but It has only been 2 years or so with these pumps. I believe they are made by Easy Pro and relabled, but they are a lot cheaper than the pumps mentioned above.
  4. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Big Frog, and possibly Monsoon pumps.
  5. just pondering

just pondering LawnSite Member

Big frog pumps have worked good for me but if you have an online store or have a customer that would like more info on the pump don't send them to Anjons web site I mad that mistake because the customer called them and they sold him a pump for under my wholesale cost. I tried to contact them but never returned a phone call or email. Shinmaya pumps have been good for me too.
  6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you kidding me? That stuff pisses me off big time. We have a local sod farm/installer that does that all the time.:hammerhead:

SWPONDBLDR LawnSite Member

SAvio PUMPS GUYS!!! by far better tha adi and easy pro hands down! and they wont steal your business