1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pumps- What are you using on your features?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lite4, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

What brand and types of pumps is everyone using for their waterfeatures.
    Small - Large. I have always used pondworks pumps for my small core drilled, pondless applications. I have also used the Aquascape 10k on some medium features which I really liked. It was very quiet and pumped a ton of water. For large features, 500 - 10,000 gpm, I only use Carry pumps. What is everyone else using.
  2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

My little disclaimer: I have only installed 3 waterfalls, one with a pond so I don't have that much to contribute. I have used Savio pumps in 2 of them, and a Calpump in one. I used it because I got a 4800 gph pump for $89. Obviously there is more to consider than cost, but the real reinforcer was the very low wattage it uses.

I hadn't heard of Carry Pumps but I checked out the website and they look really nice. Do you buy them through a local distributor?
  3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I get them through my local JDL dist. They don't stock them, but I just custom order the size pump I need with the impeller I want. They push a ton of water with relatively low energy consumption in relation to other pumps their size. These are only for larger waterfalls where you are going to push a ton of water. Their minimun discharge is 4". We have installed them with 8" discharge though. Talk about a big pump.
  4. LandArts

LandArts LawnSite Member
    from 7b

I had a couple of CalPumps die on me prematurely, mostly use Savio now.
  5. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

aquascapes tsurimi???
  6. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

Easy pro, pondmaster, savio and oase for submersible pumps and Performance Pro for the large external pumps.

Pondmasters are fairly cheap and last a few years, when they go out it is usually an impeller or volute that wears out, i just replace that.. it cost like 30 bucks for the 2.
    never had any trouble with any of the other pumps...