punish my guy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eliahwoodcutter, May 27, 2006.

1. eliahwoodcutter

eliahwoodcutter LawnSite Member

hey guys ,
    my helper few days ago ,he was trimming when a rock jumped and hit the window.he said that he is willing to pay for.
    i think it is was just an accident and it can happen to everybody .the window cost me $150.
    i told him that i will pay 100 and him 50...
    what do you guys think>???:cry:
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its obviously irrelevant because he offered to pay for it, but I beleive its illegal to make him. And why would you? Its an accident.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

...fixing That Window Is Your Responsibility!
  4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Your responsibility, see if they will trade it out for services.
  5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

if he would like to pay for it, I'd let him, or if you'd like to pay as you said with you $100 and him $50, that would be acceptable too. either way, ---- happens. its why we call em accidents, if they were planned we'd call em planned damage.
  6. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

An Accident is just that an accident. it's not an on purpose.
    Thats why we all carry insurance isin't it?
    I wouldn't have my guys pay for it.
  7. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it would be wrong to make him pay for it. I also think it would be wrong to take his money even if he does want to pay for it, even part of it. I believe I am blessed in many ways and if I have to pay out a few bucks for a window so be it. There will always be a way to earn more. But other people are not so blessed. For some, what they have is all they have and there may not be much in their future. Who am I to take it from him.
  8. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

Pay for it! Stuff happens. It's the customer that needs satisfied, the employ needs a pat on the back for being there and working for you. Keep a good employee happy, they're hard to come by when you need them!
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Pay for the whole thing. It is your responsibility, and be grateful for an employee that is willling to stand up for something. he will have great respect for you in the long run if you just cover it. Show him the right way.
  10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Ive broke a glass door like that before. Guy thought someone was shooting at him. I had to pay for it all myself...