Punta Gorda Fla. Account sale

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ric, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I am Down sizing my company. I am Putting on the market 100 Premium Accounts. (more are available if you want more) 6 miles separates the first from the last Account on the route. This is all Upscale neighborhood. I will continue to Fert & Squirt these same Accounts. Florida Pesticide Law is tough to get a license. Purchaser can be a part time employee under my License to gain time toward sitting for the pesticide test. My employees are also being down sized with this move. Therefore they are a ready source of trained labor. They are in fact the same ones who take care of these accounts. They speak English but are Hispanic.

I will be willing to break this into two 50 account sections because it is in two neighborhoods of 50 each. Most stops are 3 or more accounts.

Punta Gorda Fla. is one of the top 5 small town by Money Magazine. It is also the 5th best small town for small business development.

The reason for this down sizing is I am buying a retail Nursery. Therefore This must be a cash money (check) sale up front. I will work with the new owner as best I can to insure there success because it will reflect back on me. I will continue to do some mowing in other sections of town, however I will be phasing out of mowing over the next few years.

These Accounts have a gross of over $120,000.00 per year with out up sells and my price is $ 350.00 per account. I have many interested parties at this time however they all want to finance the payment. Therefore the man with the money gets the Accounts. The next two week only I will take $ 30,000 for all 100 so I do not have to take out a bigger loan for the nursery purchase. But cash must be paid before I close on the nursery in two weeks.

Reply to Ric via PM or E-mail but only if you have the money. Please no curious replies only serious ones.

BTW Moderators I have talked with Sean today and he has given me permissions to post this sale.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot to say these are Big houses on Small lots. Average turf is 3.5 K or about 30 yard per day for a crew. Two men could mow these yard easy. One man could make a nice living off 50 Yards and still have time to play.
  3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

A quick question, are these accounts mow-only (other than the fert/weed treatments)? A couple of guys could mow 30 in a day, but the other stuff could really add up on the homes there (shrubs, weeding, etc).
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

50% or more have shrubs trimming by the hour or contract. If you have the money and are interested please PM me so I can give you my phone number. We can discuss them and you can come look for your self. I have several parties interested in them and it is a matter of who can come up with the cash first. So if you don't have the money on hand please don't waste your time.
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have more than that amount buddy, wanna see some pics of my new $400,000 home? But I'm not interested in your accounts.

Keep in mind fellas, he's asking you to pay about 25% of a year's revenue (not profit) for these accounts and there's no guarantees they'll be there in the future. $30,000 buys a lot of advertising. The numbers don't work. Heck, you'd be better off offering new customers 10 free mows to get their business than paying that price.

The reason nobody with a pot to piss in has bid on his accounts is because they're not worth anything near that price and only someone desperate would be interested. They also know that if they turn out to be bogus or poor accounts they can always walk and make him sue to collect (which he can't if he misrepresented them)

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. Bigshot. Just answer the question next time and you might not get your hat handed to you.
  6. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Replies like that only make YOU look stupid. I don't think anybody on here cares how much money you have or how much you new house is worth. You have just lost a lot of credibility. And he did answer your question. Show me what he said that got your panties in a wad. You can give your opinion about the asking price without being a jerk.
  7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Now that you understand the level of competition in South Florida. I would like tell you why buying Accounts is profitable. Truth is anyone with a little intelligent and work ethic can make it in this business. Capital can help get you off to a better start. Buying Accounts is in fact a economy way to build a business. Corporate America does it all the time. Now if you add up all the time you chase estimates and the cost of chasing after estimates, forget advertising expense, but add in lost income while building an account list. Wow Buying Accounts at 25% is a bargain. You have an instant customer base and an income. When those account are in a close route and travel time is cut to a minim your operating costs are lower. Upscale neighborhoods are easier to up sell. Now anyone who is looking to build a business would want these factors. If you can afford to buy a business like this why wouldn't you???
  8. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

:sleeping: :rolleyes: :sleeping:

Gosh...that sounded like a flashback to high school....

"My dad, can beat up your dad" LOL
  10. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Bruce you gonna do this until you are dead? If your saying that we cant sell out when we are ready to retire then maybe we need to get out now. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.