Puppypaws 28 EFI grass burn question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JLH, Mar 1, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 60/28 EFI and have the problem with burning the grass in a large circle when stopped for only a short time.

Hustler sent me the deflector shield, but I was not impressed with the way it fit, very close tolerance.

Has this issue been addressed and corrected on the new mower that you recently purchased and if so, what is the difference?

Thanks for the info.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did you install the shield? it will prevent the issue you are having.

Pj

3. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I did install the shield, but removed it.

It seemed to me that it got so hot, I thought maybe it may deflect heat back toward the motor and cause damage.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have only cut my mother's lawn since I got the mower so I cannot help you with any knowledge about this problem. The two 27 hp Kohlers I had would burn the grass in a heart beat but I did not let the new mower slow down this morning at 7:00 am, what took me 1 hour to cut with the 27/60 I cut this morning with the 66" XR-7 in 45 minutes and it did a wonderful job. I don't know enough about this 28 efi to comment a whole lot yet but this has got to be the best deck Hustler has ever put under a mower.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The shield was designed for the mower you have, re-install it and you will be fine.