Purchacing 1st New**Leaf Blower?**help!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kona, Nov 19, 2004.

1. kona

kona LawnSite Member

Who makes the best backpack type leaf blowers? (why?) I am looking to purchace and want to get a very good,reliable one! Any help/ Thanks!!!

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

RedMax, hands down

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have one yet but I hear very good things about RedMax.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Go with Echo, Redmax, or Shindawia. All good blowers. The Stihl blowers are good too but they are not as powerful as the others.

5. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Go with Redmax, you don't need the 8000, but to have the Remax quality he great. Redamx is made by Komatsu, which makes heavy equipment, so you know you are in good hands.

6. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Echo (used 1 month), Stihl (still have them) and Redmax BP blowers. Got the Redmax 7001 last fall because of this site. IMO the Redmax is the better of the one's I have used. You will not be disappointed with the Redmax.

7. medimac

medimac LawnSite Member

I have a Redmax8000 and a Kawasaki 400B. Granted the Redmax has alot more power and is also alot more money. I haven't had any problems with either one and the Kawasaki will start on one pull just about every time.
    I would highly recommend either one. The kawasaki might be a good one to start with. The price is around $350, has decent amount of power and seems to be very reliable. Alot of my equipment has kawasaki engines and they haven't given me any problems in the last two years that I have had them(knock on wood).

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've only had and still have a STIHL. I really like them, but havn't tried the redmax yet. I plan on buying one next season. I would say STIHL for now.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

allo of the brand names mentioned I would recommend

10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I have been pleased with the Redmax equipment I have used thus far. have had no problems at all with startup, power, or running. I will be sticking with redmax for all of my equipment until I see reason otherwise.