Purchase Carburators

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JHC, Jul 23, 2004.

1. JHC

JHC LawnSite Member

I need to purchase a new carburator for a B&S Twin II 16hp engine. Can someone point me in the direction of a good, reasonable online source of carbs?

Thanks.

John...

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

You can go to B&S on line and look up your carb and order from there store on line

3. jon_050

jon_050 LawnSite Member

Did you try a google search? Can be helpful if your bargain hunting.
    Ebay has some great bargains, if they have what you're looking for.

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Not to butt in JHC, but what makes you sure you need a new carburetor? Just asking, since we have people come in quite frequently asking to purchase a carburetor, thinking they have to go that far to fix their problem, when it can usually be fixed with an overhaul kit and a little time. Usually for about half of the cost of a new carburetor.

If you'd like, PM me your model,type and code from the engine, and I can PM you back a price on a new carburetor.

We are just down the road in Taylor.

5. JHC

JHC LawnSite Member

It is a B&S Twin II 16hp. Model 402707 Type 1225 Code 89111712. I have rebuilt the carb. When it went out the door, it was hard to start and seemed to be flooding out. I got it back in and just rebuilt the carb again and now it does not seem to get any fuel. I was planning on getting a new carb and fuel pump.

Thoughts? Prices? I can run out to Taylor and bring the carb/fule pump if you would like. Just give me your address.

Thanks.

John....

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Are you working on equipment on the side? Or is this for personal use? Did you replace the brass pressed in seat when you rebuilt the carburetor?

Part number for the carburetor you need is (keep in mind this is a complete assembly) is 693480 and list is somewhere around $130.