Purchase of 2nd truck

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by simps21, Mar 22, 2007.

1. simps21

simps21 LawnSite Member

I am about to go purchace a second truck to try and keeep up with the business i am getting. For those of you who have multiple trucks when was the right time to go take on the additional expense. I put together an over head sheet, and the truck doesnt cost me a great deal more per day. Any thoughts
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Any investment to the business thats going to make you money is a good investment and as long as you have the funds and the work to compensate for the expense at hand then Id say go for it but if your barely making it and money is tight then Id hold off until you have enough cash flow so as you don't get in over your head. But sounds like you are on the right track already so good luck
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I actually bought my second truck last year and I don't even have any employees yet. :laugh:

1: My wife now has one to go get supplies, fertilizer, seed, etc. when I can't.
    2: The F-150 is used with the small trailer. The F-250 is used with the large trailer. No swapping out.
    3: If either truck needs servicing, I'm not stuck.
    4: I'm preparing to hire my first employee in a few weeks. Everything's ready to go when he's ready to go out on his own.

Some thought I was silly to have two trucks and two trailers when it was just basically me (and the Mrs.). I haven't regretted it one bit.:)