Purchased a new Shindaiwa EB802

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nosparkplugs, Mar 20, 2009.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Was needing some new shoulder straps for a 5 year old Shindy EB630 blower, and I made the mistake of looking at the new Shindy EB802 blowers today:).

The dealer offered to let it go for $475.00 so I had to jump on it. This is a TRUE 2 stroke blower, that will remain in production beyond 2010. The EB 8510 has the C4 hybrid 2-stroke/4-stroke technology; which Shindaiwa uses to earn EPA "emission credits", and continue making these 2-stroke EB802's .

When you first start the EB802 it acts like it's in need of a tune up:confused:, after about 60 seconds of run time it smooth's out. It does this every time you start it so far. She's a monster, and very powerful, much better than the older EB630 on fuel; which I have some with over 8 years of use, ZERO problems.

The engine is a 2 stroke 79.2cc 224mph/762CFM weight is 22.9lbs. Stihl BR600 die hards WAKE-UP:hammerhead:. This EB802 true 2-stroke engine technology only weighs 1.30lbs more than a BR600 64.8cc, with NO VALVES:rolleyes: to adjust EVER.

Would never consider anything but Shindaiwa Blowers:waving:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 and I like them a lot.

3. nosparkplugs

New shoulder straps after 5 years is a EB630 tune up for us:) Shindy makes some bullet proof Blowers

[​IMG]

4. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

I am with you on the 802's. Best blower out there hands down right now. They are very strong, very comnfortable, and great on fuel for a blower their size. I noticed the same thing about it running rough. It takes a while to get them broke in. Mine keeps getting stronger and stronger. You'll be blowing bricks across a parking lot with that thing!!!

5. nosparkplugs

I tried to take a honest look see at the Redmax EBZ8001 again, $$$impressive blower$$ for another $150.00, but does not have the specs/power of the EB802 for that extra cheese, and now Husqvarna has their name on the Redmax equipment:laugh:. Husky must have some deep pockets to have purchased Redmax

6. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if it is like the big echo blower since they are incahoots now.???

I have the 755 and they look a lot alike. Specs are different, the shindy has a bigger motor.

All i know is that if the bigger motor makes a difference on this one it should be a hell of a blower. My 755 echo is awesome, so this could only be better.

7. nosparkplugs

Shindaiwa/Echo sleeping together now:laugh:

8. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Echo 755 and Shindaiwa 802 are two completely different blowers. They are merging operations and sharing ideas, but they are still two differnet companies.

Shindaiwa is coming out with the new 8520. It is there 4 stroke technology and is the second version of the 8510. Hoefully Shindaiwa listened to people and increased the reliability of them and tweaked them a little bit. The specs on them are unreal. Defineteley the most powerful blower on the market when they come out

9. nosparkplugs

I surly have had nothing but trouble with my experience's with 2-stroke/4-stroke hybrid engine technology. Since converting back to 2-stroke it's all good again. I must add I have had no trouble finding good/powerful 2-stroke engine technology no matter the brand. You can always depend on a 2-stroke engine for 100% commercial use all day long:).

10. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

They are together actually.

I just thought the housing and looking at the motor from the back looked a lot alike. Aside from that there is many differences yes.