Purchased a scag turf tiger today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dkr77, Sep 14, 2004.

1. dkr77

dkr77 LawnSite Member

I bought a used scag turf tiger today. 61" 27 hp liquid cooled kawasaki with 700 hours on it.It mows excellent and is in very good condition for $5,500. Curious if Anyone might know the average price for a unit like this. Dan

2. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2001 last Wednesday with the same engine and a 72" deck. 1700 hours and I paid $3600 delivered to my door. I'm real happy with it so far. I'm only using it on my 2 acre yard but it cut my mowing time down to 40 minutes without even trying! Here's a link to some pictures of my machine. Post some of yours when you get the chance. I'd like to see it.

Also, I didn't get an engine manual with mine. If anyone knows where I can get one online please let me know.

Thanks!

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a little late now to be worrying if you got taken. You already bought it. :rolleyes:

4. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Forgot to post the link to my pictures....here you go:

Scag Turf Tiger

5. aussiegreg

aussiegreg LawnSite Member

If you go online to the Scag site you can order one. I did for my 2001 T/T 52/25 and they sent it to me in Australia. Bloody bonza service mate.

Greg

6. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I sold mine last year for the same price and it had 650 hours. You got a good deal on a great mower.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

1700 HRS???? :dizzy:
    Holly smoke! I thought rule of thumb is never buy any motor over 750 hrs under its belt. Oh well, if you enjoy, then we are all happy.

8. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

the original post was for a machine with 700 hrs

9. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Who's rule of thumb?? So what should happen to all the mowers with over 750 hours on them? Send them to the scap yard to be melted down?

Granted, if I was making a living with the mower I would not have risked buying a used one with 1700 hours on it. But for residential use it should last me for years to come.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

$5500 was a pretty good deal for a machine that size with 700 hrs. on it.