Purchased L4200 finally

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Airwave, May 2, 2007.

1. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Well I finally took the big step and purchased a Kubota L4200 second hand should have it early next week also ordered a Landpride Power Rake. Just need to decide whether I go for a Landpride Seeder to attach to tractor or a stand on Blec Seeder. any input on that welcome... I suppose next time I post a message will be to ask questions on how to best use the rake for doing lawns. Not found any discussions about that on here as yet so if anyone has any information or links then please let me know as I will want this whole set-up to pay me back as soon as possible. Oh yes bought a second hand Land Rover Defender also this will pull all my equipment to the sites not as flashy as your American trucks but should do the business. Thanks again for all your help and any additional help you can give on above points.

2. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

congratulations on your kubota. Good choice.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

hydro or gear?

4. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Gear the shuttle seems to work nicely on it and just had clutch changed on it so should be ok for a good while. Just need to figure out which way to go with the seeder stand on or attached one to tractor from landpride.

5. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd get the 3 point tractor attatched seeder. I have always used them and they seem to work well (for me atleast). There is a lot less that can go wrong compared to the stand on ones. Plus you can lower it basically to the ground to load.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have been very happy with landpride quality, their paint being the exception. My implements go into the field to work not look good, so the paint is no big deal. Its not unusual for us to hog brush, fertilize/spray,york rake and load/grade in the same week. Always on the go, no time to worry about cheap paint!

7. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Have decided to go ahead with the attached Landpride seeder to the tractor should get delivery this week so will have a whole load of new toys to play with and hopefully help me do my work better and more efficiently. Just wondering what you guys thought about using a Hydraulic Top Link on the tractor for use on the Power Rake is it a must?

8. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

The hydraulic top link isn't a must, but it sure does come in handy, especially with a power rake or york rake. I was using my york rake all today and I got tired of getting off the tractor to adjust the top link. I don't do a ton of 3 point implement work, so I just have to manual top link.