purchased my equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Mar 31, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

well baought the equip. on sat....
    purchased a 2003 exmark lazer hp 52" with 23hp kaw.,and 2003
    exmark 36" walk behind metro with the ecs controls, and husqvarna back pack blower, and honda (4stroke) trimmer..
    also have purchased a 6x12 trailer and new truck....
    Now I just need some more accounts....
    chow:D :D :D :D

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, thats quite a shopping spree... not too shabby! Congrats, and good luck!

3. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

whoo weee -- There was a thread a while ago that was about motivation, well my man you just got a plate full of it..
    In my opinion not a clunker in the pile.
    BobR

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is a great list of items that you purchased. What model husqvarna back pack blower did you get. I am a huge fan of their larger saws.

Gravely_Man

5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

What truck did you end up purchasing?

6. PRO PROPERTY CARE

got the 155 model. its 44cc ...183 mph velocity...
    leased a 2003 chevy S10 extended cab.....with the 4.3 motor. will pull up to 5000 pounds . I do snow plowing in the winter and will ,obviously use a differant truck for that... this smaller truck will do every thing i need it to , but be half decent on gas..the trailer was a good deal. single axle (3500 pound) brand new with the folding rear mesh ramp and 12" sides .... found a fellow that builds them on the side,,,, only paid 1200 canadian....
    I didnt plan on getting the walk behind, but i landed a church job that has a couple small entrances to get into and also a cemetary that i may use it on....not to mention it should work good on the residentials.
    I have found it hard too land accounts, I am not in the yellow pages yet and am hopeing word of mouth will work once summer gets here,,, the yellow pages dont come out until sept....Ive done the direct mail thing, the local paper and even cold callling... with some success...
    I have accepted that things may take more time then i expected, but i am in this for the long haul, as you can see from my purchases....

:D

7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Pro check out the weight of your trailer and equipment. A S10 might pull 5000 but how effectively will it stop it?

Jim

8. J & J Mowing

J & J Mowing LawnSite Member
    from KS

I just bought a new 2003 exmark 48 lazer hp
    Let's hope the dealer is not the only one who
    is going to make MONEY this year.
    GOOD LUCK THIS MOWING SEASON
    Walter
    :blob3:

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

the dealer assured me it wouldn't be a problem.
    I had a thousand pounds on it once (two big atvs) and it was
    ok....
    If i have to , then I can add electric brakes...
    :D

10. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

Pro Property Care, It looks like your set up very nicely. Within the last year I have bought a new Scag 48'' Hydro, Lesco 80lb stainless spreader, Stihl split shaft trimmer with edger attachment, Husqvarna 165bt backpack blower, 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 with a Cummins High Output diesel, and a E-Z dumper truck insert and this fall I plan on purchasing a new truck loader.

The year before that I got a new trailer, 11HP Little Wonder, and a 8' Fisher Minute Mount plow.

Pro Prop I guess you and I should get off the computer and go earn some $$$$$ to pay for all these toy's.