Purchases from "Alamia"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Custom Lawn Care, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Custom Lawn Care

Custom Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Would like to hear actual experiences on purchases made from http://www.alamia.com. I'm thinking of buying a TORO Z100 thru alamia. I can't decide between a TORO Z100 vs a Grasshopper 725. What do you think?
  2. Guest

I have purchased two Shindiawa T-230 trimmers and two fixed line trimmer heads for the Shins. I was happy with the trimmer purchases but they sent me the wrong mounting kits for the trimmer heads and I got the run-around for about 3 weeks on the replacements. The issue was never resolved. Not happy with my last order.
  3. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I have bought a shin. string trimmer, and a redmax blower from Alamia, they arrived in less than 1 week and were not damaged in any way.
    I bought them both in Feb. 2000 and I have had no problems.
    Hope this helps.
  4. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

I have bought 3 red max blowers(two of them were the last bp7000 that they had in stock in october)
    I also got a 16 hp billy goat leaf loader from them.
    They even called me a few weeks ago to let me know that some parts for the redmax would be on their way.
    We good people to deal with .
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that I have anything against Toro. But if you should decide to get the Grasshopper, spend the extra bucks and get the Kubota water cooled engine (gas or diesel) with the G2 transmission. I've been there, done that, and would never buy another air cooled engine again.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Although we never purchased from Alamia, we called them
    for a quote on a Toro, and they said they would get back to us before the days end. They never called.
    We called the next day, same guy said he'd get right back to us, but he never did.
    One week later, we called again and got the price. It ended up being higher than the dealer in our area. In our case it was cheaper to buy from our dealer.
    Just be sure to watch your prices.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Jodi every time ive went to that site,It always gives you the price.They seem to be a ok company to me. Ive brought things from the Kohler site and have not had any problems, On Alamia there Z-Master 60deck 25kohler is 7395. Thats cheaper than anyone around this area, Southern Ind Marks Mowing Service
  8. We've bought 6 21" mowers from them in the last year and a half. I've only had a problem once and was resolved within a couple days. They do prefer contact via web than phone contact. This way they can handle more volume.
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that for next time to ask online insteasd of by phone. Matt was looking for a quote for a Toro Walkbehind and there wasn't any listed. He should of just e-mailed them I guess.

10. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

A guy that helps me from time to time worked for one of my competitors last season. The owner bought three brand new Grasshoppers. One was in the shop no less than 7 times according to his former employee. I know some guys have had good luck with them, but I'd be really cautious after hearing of a brand new mower lacking reliability.