1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

purchasing 52" EXMARk with 23hp kholer?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TLS landscaping, Feb 3, 2011.

1. TLS landscaping

TLS landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

like the post said I found a left over 52" exmark advantage with ultracut deck series 4 with a 23 hp kholer engine.

do you think this motor is strong enough ? other options is the 25 or 27hp..
    left over model for 7900 with 0 hours .
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

With today’s fuel prices you better look at an engine that is better in fuel economy
    Most times more hp is less fuel consumption kind of confusing. Ok fuel injected engines or better in fuel economy they cost a little more but on the long run you will save that money on fuel :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Power-wise the 23 hp should be plenty for a 52". If you plan on bagging, well it should be enough as well... 25 hp wouldn't hurt though. If you are mulching only you probably better go with the 27 hp.

I doubt the fuel economy between these 3 engines is much different, ounces per day between top and bottom I'd guess. EFI is probably not an option on that model, is it?
  4. TLS landscaping

TLS landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

dont think it has efi.. not sure its an 2010 left over model.
  5. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" toro with a 23hp kawasaki and a bagging system and it has plenty of power and is pretty good on gas also.
  6. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

I'v had several 23/60 eXarks and they always had plenty of power. They seem to work as good if not better than the one with more HP.