Purchasing a Bunton Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topcat2006, Feb 3, 2007.

1. topcat2006

topcat2006 LawnSite Member

Could someone tell me if the Bunton products is a good product. Here in Memphis, there are so many products to choose from. We have dealers for exmark,hustler,toro,kubota,walker.scag.graveley,dixie chopper,grasshooper and so on and so forth. It is a bit overwhelming for a first timer. The Buntons in question are the brz2190 52/21kaw and the bobcat 42/28koh. it is a grass handling system much like the walker but is it as good? Any advice would be helpful.

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a cub cadet 60" tank and a 61" bunton ZTR and there both good products. There very well constructed and have worked great for me. The Bunton mower has alot of power and cuts very nicely. I like it and have used it for a couple years with no problems.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Those machines have never sold well. I think the very poorly designed " Walker-like" machine by Scag actually outsold those. They are Walker wannabes. I was not aware that Bunton/Bobcat was still making them. Are they current production machines, or leftovers from a year or two back??
    If you want a machine like a Walker, then you need to buy a Walker. No other maker has come close to the performance and durability of a Walker. Exmark is trying with their version, but they are not selling anywhere near as well as the Walkers yet.

4. topcat2006

Thank you for your input. The Bobcat that is the Walker wannabe is a demo model and is priced to sell. From it's appearance it looks to be maybe 1 to 2 yrs. old. My main concern is for the ztr Bunton and whether it is a good machine or not.

5. shsmallengines

shsmallengines LawnSite Member

No all that bad of a machine, they used to sell good in the memphis area until the dealer went out of business then they started to fad away. Not sure who is the dealer in the area now.

6. topcat2006

Bartlett Small Engines has a few of the Buntons.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive had my Bunton ZTR for a few years and its ran fine for me. I love the machine and it handles and cuts as well as any other top name machine. What you need to do is go try out a Bunton and see how it feels to you. Your the one going to be operating it so try it out and see how you like it because every one is different and everyone has a certain machine they like better then another, So its always a better choice to try mowers out for yourself and see which one YOU like best instead of taking others opinions.

Good Luck

8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

tc, i tried to send you a PM but i guess they are locked down here or something :rolleyes: so anyway, give me a call or send me an email. if you go over to lawnc-a-f-e i am SCSOMike over there. that would be .com for lawn **** without the dashes.
    Mike
    258-2259

9. MikeLT1Z28

10. MikeLT1Z28