Purchasing a new walkbehind blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FL&G, Mar 1, 2005.

1. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

Looking for a new walk behind blower this spring. Does anyone have an opinion on what brand is better? I like the Honda engines but am not sure who makes the better machine. Is is worth paying extra for the articulating front wheel?
    I've searched the forums and havent found a whole lot of info on these machines.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Little Wonder.
  3. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

9 Horse Honda or larger? I can get a fixed wheel 9 horse for $1000 What do you think?
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We just bought a Billygoat with 9 hp engine. We got the Subaru and like the direction control device that is actuated from the handle and got a swivel wheel on the front.
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Billy Goat?
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have nothing but good to say about the Little Wonder. Mine has the 10hp Briggs. I use it and abuse it and it continually does a great job!
  7. tacraven

tacraven LawnSite Member

LW are great. I have the 8hp model. I would imagine the swivel wheel would make traversing across a slope difficult because the front would want to go down hill.
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Little Wonder by far are the best. Fradan are ok and I was not really impressed by the billy goats
  9. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I like my Billy Goat but would like it better if it was a 10hp versus the 8hp that is on it now. Mine is older so it does not have the lever on the top bar to control the air deflector but that option sure would a must for me if I bought a new unit.
  10. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I have a 13hp honda LW with the swivel wheel, the wheel is great, cant even imagine not having the swivel wheel on it. Has a lock to use when you don't want it to swivel. WouldnÂ’t have one with out it. Just to add, I have taken it off the trailer only 2 times since I purchased my ebz8000's hope this helps