1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Purchasing a zero turn soon

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by hammerman, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hammerman

hammerman LawnSite Member

Can anyone steer me away from purchasing a Scag TigerCub 23hp KAW 52" deck w/ a grass catcher? I am a residential user and my budget is $8-$10K.
  2. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

what else are you interisted in?
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a tiger cub with a 20hp kohler and 48'' deck. Ive been well pleased with it and would buy another if/when the time comes.

4. hammerman

hammerman LawnSite Member

I have looked at Ferris, Exmark and Toro. I keep going back to the Scag, but haven't known anyone who has had one.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well that might tell ya something :nono: :nono: :nono:
  6. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Get your self a DIXIE CHOPPER

GARRETTWOOD LawnSite Senior Member

I have used scag mowers for about 10 years and they never let me down . I bought a brand new turf tiger for $7300.00 last season . Very pleased with the results.
  8. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

which ones have you demoed??? what feeling do you get when you visit the respective dealers??? warm and fuzzy or i don't give a flying banana peel???? use the search feature. there are supporters and detractors for every brand.......dc, hustler, exmark, gravely.............what size is the yard???? what type of grass....... on this site there are users of vitually every mower type made. some might be better suited for you particular circumstance........
    i personally like Hustler. look at their forum here on lawnsite. their factory support is second to none and their machines are top notch.
  9. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 Bobcat mowers and I am buying a third. I looked at Scag and they are also nice machines. Probably 1/3 of the compaines around here run scag mowers.
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

If Scag is your closest/most reliable dealer there is no reason to look anywhere else. Scags are very good machines.