1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

purchasing blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajordan193, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

where are you guys buying your blades from? The dealers want too much so i've been looking online at preco parts and mowtownusa at gator blades for my scag ztr. Where else should i look, and what brands do you prefer? Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

landscaperpro.com... their website sucks IMO but order their catalog..TONS of blades to choose from for every mower!
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's not that my dealer is cheap (he's not) but so far I haven't found anyone that sells them cheaper. Ok, once I found some about a dollar less but then by the time I'm done paying the shipping (and they're heavy) if it's not at least 50% off don't even wake me up, heh...

But if someone finds some for a lot less than 11 bucks each, I'm all ears.
    I might could see 7 or 8 bucks but the shipping is still a killer in most cases.
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Works for me. Great prices and they always have what I need. Quick service too!
  6. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

What mike said, I have gotten pretty good deals from them. Never had a problem with them with getting the things I order from them.
  7. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I order mine from J Thomas. They fixed their online ordering system recently. I know there was a thread awhile back about them and their broken online ordering system. It still seems a bit behind the times but it worked for me last order.
  8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

MowMore is simply the best. Best deals around.