1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

purchasing help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbrianw, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jbrianw

jbrianw LawnSite Member

Just starting with my first mower. Have looked at several but Gravely, HustlerZ and Everride were my favorites. Any suggestions?
  2. Check around and ask your area professionals about dealer support, it may not seem like a qualifying characteristic, but it is. Also if you drive 100 miles to save a few hundred dollars, than plan on making that drive for dealer support. One thing I have learned quickly, is that most dealers are more likely to stand behind "their" equipment, than the equipment you bought from someone else. Hope this makes sense to ya. Look at Toro, you can't go wrong and they hold their resale value, so if it doesn't work out you can recoup some of your investment.

Good Luck....
  3. jbrianw

jbrianw LawnSite Member

the Gravely is a well known guy as is the Everride. I just didn't know if the Everrides were as good as they look

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with RD. Most commercial mowers these days are good. But none of them are good without a good dealer. They will ALL need something done when you least expect it and having a dealer that will fix it on the trailer or send someone to you is very important in our bus.
    I have all Dixies, Walker riders, and bobcat walkbehinds from the same dealer.
    I believe scag makes the best Hydro walkbehinds but I will not buy another because of dealer issue.