purchasing mower on time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by illday, Mar 23, 2006.

1. illday

illday LawnSite Member

I'm a soleprop who started out mainly doing shrubs and now has about 30 lawns. Currently, all of my equipment is paid for and I need to buy a 36" walk behind on credit. Is there a prefered credit/lender to go through. The only business credit card I have is a Home Depot Commercial. I am always getting credit card offers for the business in the mail and usually just throw them away. I know the dealer has some programs but I'm just starting to research this and I figured I'd start here.:headphones:

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere Credit. The John Deere dealer in this area also sells Walker and Exmark and you can finance any equipment they carry on a John Deere Credit account.

Another equipment dealer in the area offers a 12 month same as cash program through Wells Fargo. Plenty of financing options out there. Just check with your dealers and find out what they have to offer.

3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I finance all my mowers through local banks. Some MFG's will offer a 12 month same as cash some times. What local brands do you have?

4. illday

illday LawnSite Member

I'm always getting mail from wells fargo. I have a deere dealer, a toro dealer and a scag dealer all in my neighborhood... (alot of landscapers up here)

5. YotaNate

YotaNate LawnSite Member

Ferris Financing gave me 6 months same as cash, and 5.90% interest after that. Pretty good rates, cheaper than my bank would give me.

6. JTHutch

JTHutch LawnSite Member

I use sheffield financial corp. they specialize in financing small equipment like mowers etc.... My Dixon and Hustler dealer uses them. And they almost always have a no intrest no payments deal going or something the will help out on financing

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This year they offered a no interest no payment for 12 months at our dealer sale.

8. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Originally Posted by JTHutch
    I use sheffield financial corp. they specialize in financing small equipment like mowers etc.... My Dixon and Hustler dealer uses them. And they almost always have a no intrest no payments deal going or something the will help out on financing

My dealer uses Sheffield also. They had the 12 month deal, but when I applied, the dealer came back and said they only gave me 8 months, plus there was some funky $100.00 service charge just to do business with them. I paid it off in 4 months. I think it depends on your credit rating. If it's bad and they think they will make some money off you, you will get the 12 month deal. Good credit and they screw you. Sounds Bass ackwards to me. But it did help get the equipment I needed as I did not have cash that day.

hillndale

9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you need to check your credit report... if you know that you "should" have good credit, then you might have someone stealing your identity... happened to my mother inlaw. you can get your reports for free 1 time a year... i think its www.annualcreditreport.com something like that.

10. elamey

elamey LawnSite Member

I used Exmark financing last year. 12-months no interest.
    How can you beat that? I mowed the whole year with it and paid it off at the end of the year.