Purchasing OCDC and bager for TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Mar 24, 2006.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I need an OCDC and a bagging system that will work together for my TTHP 48".

My options for the OCDC are Advanced Chute Systems, EZChute, or Trimmer trap blade blocker (master chute can not be used with a bagger).

My options for the bagger are the exmark cloth bagger or the accelerator.

I just need ANY combo that will work together.

From the online pics all the OCDC lever bars look like they will interfear with the cloth bagger, so that might leave me with the accelerator option only.

Does anyone have a working non-homemade OCDC / bagger combo for the TTHP 48 that can help?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

ACS with the Accelerator. The Accelerator is better then exmarks anyways

3. lawncuttinfoo

I am worried about the weight of the accelerator I did some calculations ( http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=133629 ) a full of grass cloth bagger should weigh 55 lbs while the accelerator is 71, 55 to 71 seems like a lot, imo.

Not only that but on acelerators own website http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/instructions/generalinstructions.htm they admit their product can easily get too heavy
    I'm trying to save time not spend more, I dont have time to "prop the door open and empty some of the debris using a hoe or rake" ;)

People who use the accelerator, do you only fill part way to avoid this weight? Can you do a single dump action with it? Meaning remove the door completly and hold it vertical over a 55 gal brute and not worry about spills? I know the cloth bagger must be "folded" out to prevent spills, which takes precious time.

Can anyone confirm that the cloth bagger bracket hits the ocdc lever bar?

4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Just a thought for you, the master chute can be taken off in about 1 - 2 min, just 2 bolts and a plug in connector. Then there is no question about what bagger to get, and now is the time to purchase a master chute, they are selling them at a price that you would not believe, put it this way all of the other OCDC that you mentioned cost more than what you can get the master chute for right now, no BS!!

5. midwest

midwest LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

what is the website and I do you like it.

6. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

The web site is www.masterchute.com You can see the video on there and he sells them on ebay. Bid on it in the auction.

7. lawncuttinfoo

The price is not an issue, I simply prefer the best product avaiable, thanks for the opinion that 'there is no question about which bagger to use' but I am yet to be convinced, everyone has their reasons for chosing and after countless searches online and talking to sales people I have not yet heard the issues I posted addressed.

Is there anyone who has specific answers to my questions?

P.S. If i spent 2 min extra at every 20 min job (average job) thats 10% more, that would average out to a $5000 loss per $50,000 gross season. How can that be acceptable from any piece of equipment? Does anyone else see the larger picture in time efficiency and how it relates to equipment purchases?

8. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Turf Tracer HP, and I use the cloth bagger, and I like it. It holds a decent amount, is pretty light, and won't gouge the turf, it floats over it. I only catch a couple of lawns, so I don't see the need for a humongous catcher, although probably would be nice in the fall though. Grizzly

9. lawncuttinfoo

Do you have an ACS or an EZChute, if so do they interfere with the bracket for the bagger?

10. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 LawnSite Member

Sorry lawncuttinfoo, I haven't purchased one yet because I don't think one can co-exist with my cloth E-mark bagger. I was just letting you know that I use the cloth bagger & like it. But again, I don't use it that much. Just a couple lawns. Everything else, I just let the clippings fly. Grizzly