1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Purchasing off of Lesco's website

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, Mar 12, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

We all know the pricing discussions pertaining to Lesco so far.

My question is this.

Has anyone ordered there fertilizer off of the website, when the website is $5 / bag cheaper than what you were quoted in store??

I've GOT to be missing something here.

I run a 10-0-20 65%PPSCU 10%Fe for my 3 rounds after the pre-emergent.

I run 4-5 pallets per round, and was quoted $21 per bag, up from $18.45 from last year.

I was messing around on Lesco's website, and IT quotes me a price of $16.45 per bag, DOWN $2 / bag from last year.

I was wondering, does anyone get it off of the website?? I ran it as far as I could through the checkout process without actually making the purchase (we're still a good 2 months before we thaw out in MN) and no where was it trying to tack on shipping charges.

However, my 19-0-6, .10%Dimension, 30% the same that everyone else runs came back on the website at $32 / bag, and in store I was quoted $20 / bag.

What gives???
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

LESCO as a company right now is totally screwed up. From top to almost bottom. I pitty the Service Center Clerks.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Did you also notice that you can no longer get a history of your previous purchases? You could always get a few years history of previous purchases on their website.

THeir website was always quirky, but now....who knows.
  4. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

My lesco rep said never to trust the website prices and to never order from it you can always get better price in store. The website quoted $43 for a bag of starter fert which I paid $15 for last year.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

I just pulled mine up all the way back from '06, that's how I knew what I paid last year and the year before.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Funny, won't let me.

Just tried it in IE, and it lets me. Won't work in Firefox.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

If that's the case, then I'd better bring print this off and take it into the service center, and have them match their own website.