Purchasing Palms Central Florida

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by boland398, May 16, 2008.

1. boland398

boland398 LawnSite Member

I need to purchase some palms ( christmass/queen/ect) for a project. Where is the best place to start looking to get some at a price where I will not lose my shirt. I live in the central florida area if that makes a difference. Thanks.

2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

Tropic Traditions, located in Newberry, just West of Gainesville is a nice place. They have a website that has their trees on it but I would give Jim a call and ask him if he has what you need.

3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

If you're ever on the turnpike, there's a big palm supplier that is located right next to a toll plaza in Leesburg. That would probably be a little closer for you. mrbray101, what's the name of your company?

4. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I used to have a maintenance business here (gainesville) while I was in school. I had some family issues I had to pay for and ended up selling the few commercial accounts I had and almost all my equipment. I've been working for Top Dog Lawns in town for 3 years now while I attend UF. He does maintenance for about 12 large apartment complexes in Gainesville and Landscaping around town.

5. brownings

brownings LawnSite Member

get your USDA stock dealer license and get them from a plant broker wherever you live.