purchasing trimec direct

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ghuber09, May 5, 2013.

1. ghuber09

ghuber09 LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried purchasing trimec herbicide directly from pbi Gordon? There is a factory about 20 minutes from my house, I'm thinking about calling them tomorrow to see if they'd sell directly to me.

2. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

I can just about guarantee that they won't sell directly to you. If you're trying to save a little money, why don't you just use a non-PBI Gordon generic like Triplet, Strike Three, etc? You'll save money, plus you'll be able to purchase amounts as you need them from a local supplier.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Also look at Vessel. $67 for 2.5 gallon here.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

It wouldn't hurt to ask, but honestly, I feel that you will need to purchase from a local or district distributor. They are a employee owned and operated company, but it only sells to direct suppliers.

5. ghuber09

ghuber09 LawnSite Member

Called them today and they had a salesman return my call who said they only sell to distributors. I even asked if they'd sell to me if I purchased multiple pallets at a time they said no. He also told me they haven't added a distributer to there list in over 4 years. He also recommended vessel.

6. ghuber09

ghuber09 LawnSite Member

Got quoted $59.00 if I buy 10 or more boxes.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Vessel that is new to me. I use trimic 1000 right now. I buy it by the 55gallon drums. Not cheap but a great product. Also any good spray for sedge? I run pg machines

8. MalasHierbas

MalasHierbas LawnSite Member

Vessel is good for anything normal but for hard to control you need to add triclopyr , clopyralid or carfentrazone. I guess that's true with any 3 way but vessel has lower dicamba rates than trimec
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ghuber09

ghuber09 LawnSite Member

Do you know the difference in the dicamba rate? I was told by the pbi gordon sales guy that its the exact same product just packaged in different containers.