Purchasung new equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone i am new to this site and i just wanted to ask some questions
    and get some advise from you guys.
    I need to purchase 2 new 21'' mowers in a couple of months for the next season, i am really stuck on what to get i have mixed feelings on all of them my dealer sells Honda and toro but i am willing to go to another dealer if needed.
    My dealer recomends the toro but i have heard some bad things about them but i have also heard some bad things about the Honda's also.
    I have considered the snapper commercial's but my dealer totaly shot them down, dont know if he's lieing or the snappers are better than what he has?
    I have about 100 clients mowing around 20 lawns a day,
    I want something reliable, easy to maintain and easy to opperate.
    Please help im really stuck here.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Welcome to LawnSite! do a search, there has been a lot of threads about 21" Mowers...

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are bagging your lawns I would go with a Snapper Hi Vac. If you are mulching, then either Toro or Exmark. Just my .02

4. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

All 3 are good mowers. Personally i would choose Toro. Why don't you look for a 30,32 or 36 inch mower since you have 100 homes. I assume they are not big acreage and are gated since you're looking for a 21' mower to cut those with. You'll be more productive with the bigger mower and cut quality will be better. That's my .02 cents.

5. Blueribbonlawns

I would really love having one of those 26'' exmark mowers but on the majority of our lawns witch is HOA's the backyard's have 22'' gates,
    But for the price of the Toro's and Honda's I probally get one of those 26''
    and one honda or toro.
    Does anybody know how expencive those exmark metro 26'' are??
    Thank's

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 21" Snapper with a 6hp Robin engine. I have the leafe mulcher attachment that words fairley well. I have the thather rake that doesnt word so good. The mower is easy to switch back and forth from bagger to muchler. I also have a side discharge thats also east to change. I have had the mower 6 years and cut approx. 2 acers 2x per week. Parts are cheap and readily avalible.

7. Blueribbonlawns

I have been told that snapper has the best trany out for small mowers is this true??

8. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to be a jack@$$, but your questions have already been asked by other LS members. If you do a search on this site, you will find days worth of material to read and learn about.

9. Siesta Key Lawn Service

Siesta Key Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have used the 21" Toro for years. These are great little mowers. I prefer the ones with the Honda engines.

10. Blueribbonlawns

Ok thanks i dident know how to do a search thank you.