1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Purolator filters-Kawasaki engine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, Jul 15, 2001.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

Anybody use Purolator oil filters on there Kawasaki engines? The local parts store has these filters for $3.49. I'm currently using Wicks at a higher price. If Purolator is quality then this is a good deal for my 3 Kawasaki engines. Anybody have any problems with these filters?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Purolator filters are of the highest quality and are only second to Mobil 1 filters.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

mobil products rule.
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using PureOne's for about a year and a half. They will set ya back about $5-6. The nice thing is Purolators site will actually cross part numbers for a lot of small engines on mowers.
  6. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I switched to Purolator 3-4 yrs ago and no problems. I get them at strauss auto parts sometimes 2/$5.
  7. tralfaz

tralfaz LawnSite Member

I have four mowers with Kawasaki engines and I usually use Castrol MaxPro filters. I've often wondered if it was worth the price just to pay for a Kawasaki filter. I think not.
  8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

i also use the pure ones they have the anti back flow valve inside in my oppinion they are better then kawasaki filters and that blue color looks good
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is wise to run the engine manufacturers filter at least during the warranty period. I saw an engine that was ruined due to oil starvation, the filter fit the engine but the bypass valving was different than the OEM filter. My Kohler rep. told me he would stand behind oil system 100% if I use OEM Kohler filter. The owner of the ruined engine was denyed warranty repairs by Kohler due to that faulty AFTERMARKET filter. He went after the filter manufacturer for repair reinbursement to no avail. Just some food for thought. ED:)
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

There is a Federal lawsuit and ruling (cant remember the name) that states that unless the filters (or any part) is supplied free of charge, there is no recource for this situation. Just use major brand filters and you will be fine. I dump mine every 50 hrs and its as clean as it was pouring it in.