Purphaze And His Pics

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jabbo, Jul 22, 2007.

1. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

I just did a search for threads started by you and have been going thru some of them mostly reading and looking at ALL the pics you post.I feel like I was on the job with you most of '06.Most contractors probably can't justify the time in pic taking but I really love looking at all the repairs,installs,oops,and everything else you post.Keep the post and pics coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I second the motion..

I'm acutally wating for the purp Hayes school of irrigation...We need a guy like that on the east coast....
    his pics are fantastic..

I wonder if he is taking applications for an apprenticeship?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Don't egg him on, he's going to be insufferable enough when he invades the
    Pacific NW.:nono: :laugh:

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If he visits the east coast, it will be to teach a course in backflow prevention at Suffolk U

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Great idea..remember the song "Convoy"?

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the nice comments. It has a lot to do with working for a government agency and the electronic work orders we have. Pictures and other things can be attached to the work orders to better explain a situation. I'm also sent out on a lot of utilities locates and other investigatory situations that require reports and other documentation. The guys I work with also like to see pictures of themselves on my work computer and often I print out certain pics for their keeping.

I do have a little more time to take pics than contractors on this forum but I always have my camera ready and it only takes a few seconds. I take a lot more pics than what show up here (like sunrises, architecture, plant structures that catch my eye, etc.) because I have a lot of interests. The guys that work with me are use to it and when they come across something unique or worthy of a picture they call out, "Picture time." However, there are times when even I am way too busy to take many pics of a given sitch because after all, the work still has to get done.

7. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

I am the same way,I like taking lots of pics.I like the before and afters.I am currently adding another zone to my original 10 zone system.It will water the other side of our drive way and around my shop.Once I get the pipe and sleeves in we are going to get the drive way paved.After they get thru I will only have to install the heads right along the drive way because pipe will already be down.I will be taking some pics.Again thanks for the pics, I like all the different situations you come across (that goes for everybody else who post pics on here too).

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

That is one of the great advantages of pictures. You can truly see how your work affects the general look of a piece of property. Good luck with your expansion zone.

We all run into different things and it is nice to see how others do things since there's more than one way to accomplish a goal. Even as long as I've been doing irrigation work I still learn from others.