Purple Power

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by IHusky, Sep 16, 2007.

1. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

The degreaser I'm currently using sucks. I've read a couple of threads about purple power and they seem to be happy with it. Is this stuff any good. Where can I buy some locally?

thanks

2. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

IHusky,

It would be of help to know what exactly you are trying to degrease. How are you applying the current degreaser? How long are you letting it set with the degreaser?

Regards,

Eric D

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I like using Dollar store grease-cutting dish washing detergent, I use a good amount, dump like a 1/4 - 1/2 a bottle of some dollar dish washing stuff in a pail of warm-to-hot water and go to town.

To be sure perfect it isn't, but I still got a gallon of purple power someplace, because it doesn't amaze me either.
    So, use the cheap stuff.

4. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

sorry, should have been more specific. I am using to clean my mower mostly where the grease fittings are located to get the grease off, and to get the grime and dirt off. I also use on trimmers, blowers, etc and sometimes trailer. I only let is set for maybe a minute or too at the longest. Should I let it set longer of switch to something else. The stuff I have now is from Northern tool, maybe I'm just not applying it right or letting it sit long enough???

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Simple Green or Krud Kutter work great

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Works good. Go to autozone.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

From time to time, I like to spray the entire mower down (while dry) with Westley's Bleche White. Then give it a good soapy wash mit and scrub brush. It's a little pricy but nothing gets the SuperZ's cleaner that I've found.

8. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I use simple Green and sos pads and scrub the mowers down if anyone has seen my pics of euipment on here they can see that that combo works really really well . And no the sos pads dont scratch the mower anymore than anything else

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got done washing my mowers, truck tires, trailer and tractor with Purple Power. The mowers were an absolute mess, dusty at the beginning of the week, then rain and mud toward the end of the week, Grease caked all over the grease fittings b/c we grease daily. Everythings nice and shiny now. When you go to buy it, get yourself one spray bottle, and one gallon jug of the stuff. Then just keep refilling the spray bottle. Its alot cheaper to buy it by the gallon.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh THAT grease!!! :cry:

I usually wipe it off best I can with my fingers, then fling it off in the woods. :laugh:
    That or compressed air.
    I wouldn't do this at a customer's, but like at my place.
    I never found anything else that works, you can try old rags but it's 1-time use, they're worthless after that.