push blower feedback........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenleaf Property MGT, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a push blower and was wondering what all of you are useing as well as positive and negative feedback as well.

Thanks in advance.....:waving:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We recently got the BG Force 13hp Honda...it's quite impressive to say the least. :clapping:

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Billy goat quiet blow here. Bought it in 2001 and never had a problem. If I bought one now I'd probably get the force though. They can get tiring on uneven terrain, and the force is quite a bit lighter with more power.

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have little wonders. We looked at BG but you have to carry around an extra piece to direct the airflow forward, when I tried them at the dealer I could barely get them it on plus my guys would loose it. The little wonder directs the airflow with a pull of a leaver.

5. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I once owned a 9hp Little Wonder and it was an awesome machine. One swipe and it was blown off. I cut a convenient store down from 30 mins. to 10 mins. blowing the parking lot. The biggest downfall is that if you're by yourself, you still have to have a backpack for the corners-the push kind are not portable. In that case you may as well have two people with two backpacks. Also, if you're not careful, you'll dust automobiles before you realize it. I did that to a womans cadillac after she just washed it-she wasn't happy. It was the job I cut from 30-10 mins. It was such a big deal that I started using the backpack again and was at ground level once more. The moral of the story-use them in wide open parking lots with few cars.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Did you ever try to blow straight forward with a 13HP........backforce is very very high.