push blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Dec 1, 2002.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I might have a chance to get a push blower real cheap. I am not sure of brand or horse power so this is a generic question. Right now all I have for leaves is an ech bp blower pb-400e. Can a push blower move leaves better than my back pack? I had a hard time with my back pack if the leaves were very thick.. So what should i look out for? Any brands i should avoid or what ever.. Your help is appreciated..

Later Snapper
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I know my little wander push blowers have 5 times as much power as my redmax back pack Eb7000's! Defintly a nessesity for leaf cleanups!

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Push blower is a necessity for leaf work....... most brand s are good ... but the problem with these blowers is that no one changes the oil in them so the motor s dont last long... Make sure the one s you look at have clean oil in them.... and that they run good and smooth at full throttle, cause thats where youll be using it.... It will move at least 4 times more leaves than yur back pack.... especailly if they are wet... the best for a one man operation is to use them together and get a serious air stream going and that will speed up your cleanups dramatically.... Good luck..... Check out some new ones too for comparison sake... may find a good deal on a new one too since the season is over...
  4. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Any push blower is better than no push blower, That is if it runs good. I used a Echo 400 for years. Couldn't seem to kill it, even after 15 yrs as my ONLY back pack blower. I used a 5 hp when I first started since I got it cheap. Went to an 8 & 11 hp, and now use a Little Wonder & Fradan 9hp push blowers along with a Red Max 630 back pack. Like "Tim the Tool man" says..."MORE POWER!"
  5. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

what brands are out there? other than billy goat, little wonder.. I have a feeling it might be a cheaper brand, but i could be wrong. I was thinking most any push blower would be a step up, and seems you all proved my thoughts.. Thanks..

Later snapper
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Giant Vac is a reputable brand too.
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

A few years ago, some companies re-designed their push blowers and made them vastly better. The two that immediately come to mind are Little Wonder and Giant Vac. My "new" style Little Wonder 8hp greatly "out blows" my old style 8hp blower. When you compare new to old, you can easily see the re-designed housings and fins. Some companies are still producing the "old" style blowers, even if they are less expensive, they do not compare to the new style, so think twice before buying them.