push mower question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeereHauler, Jan 24, 2007.

1. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

well,

the least used piece of equipment on my trailer is a push mower. i completely destroyed mine last year, because i had to use it....it was getting old...
    so i need a new one. BUT i only use one a couple hours a year, if that.

What is a good brand to buy? i'm not looking to spend $1000 on a fancy commercial one, just something to get me through a couple more years. i don't need it to be self propelled, thats only more to go wrong. bagger would be an option, but most of the time i'm just cutting very small swails so i can just mulch it, and no i can't use a weedwacker because the old people there flip out.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Used Lawn Boy off eBay...:weightlifter:

3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

2 stroke lawn boy . Il earned my lesson with dosposable 21" mowers. new or used they last. not the best cut in the world but great rear wheel drive

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda funny nobody uses a PUSH mower any more I guess. We usually buy the big commericial 21" units with self propel and don't really need that, we could use a simple unit also.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I have atleast 8 push mowers in my shed. They are from before i got commercial equipment, some are 8-9 years old and still run like new. I wish i would have had hour meters on them to see the pain i put those mowers through