push mower selection???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RSK Property Maintenance, Nov 17, 2013.

1. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

ok so up until now I haven't needed a push mower for any accounts, I just recently landed one that will require a push mower for the backyard its gated and its a wide gate, but a small zero turn would discharge grass everywhere and it would be a mess so a 21" push mower with bagger is my best option, its going to be a weekly account starting in spring of 2014 I want a push mower that is going to hold up for a long time, and is no more then 500 dollars new. I was thinking toro.

http://www.acmetools.com/webapp/wcs...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLDut_mT7boCFSbNOgodhF0Arw

maybe that model but i'll buy it locally. I haven't really done any push mowing.

any thoughts?

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Our honda push mowers have never let us down other than when we abuse them too much. They leave a great cut bag well and are just an all around good push mower

3. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

I have a honda. Never an issue, starts first pull every time.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Consumer Reports has Honda and Toro mowers as their highest rated mowers.

5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i'll look into the honda push mowers tomorrow when i'm out running errands. any models specifically you like, do you run 21" deck or do you guys use a 30" push mower or something in between.

6. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Never used the 30 exmark. All we have are the 21 hondas

7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

30 toro. You will never touch a 21 again. I have a brand new. Exmark commercial 21 x with the honda GXV motor that never got used this year. The 30 is an awesome cut and you finish it 45% faster.

8. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

You can find cheap 21s used all over because of the 30