1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Push Mower Tie Down?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kooba, Feb 3, 2008.

1. kooba

kooba LawnSite Member

Would like to see some pictures of how people tie down there push mowers on their open trailers. We have 2 Z's and then just bungee the push mower to them. Does anyone else have a better idea? kooba.

Also, how does everyone mounts their spool of trimmer line to their trailer? Thinking about getting a holder either make one or buy one.
  2. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

i've always just screwed a couple 2x4's to the floor of the trailer so that the mower sits in between them without any room to roll. as long as you don't drive crazy it works well, i've never had one move. not sure if there is a law about that though... never gotten in trouble for it.
  3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Have you seen these?

4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Got any pics of the mower hooked to it or however it works...
  5. QLC- Rick

QLC- Rick LawnSite Member

That's so simple it's stupid....I must have one! Who makes it and where do you get them?

When I had trailers I had bungees going everywhere, now in my truck the 21 fits perfect between the cab and the wheel well. But I'm getting a trailer here in a few weeks and that thing in the pic above would be perfect.
  6. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

jungle jims makes one like that, called the jungle boot
  7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Check with some of the other trailer rack companies to.
  8. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Bungee cord and a screw eye works good too. Total $3.00. ALL equipment is supposed to be secured on a trailer. You can make a spool line holder easily with all thread, nuts and washers.
  9. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Why don't you just tell us where you got it and the names of the other companies, no need to make it a guessing game.
  10. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

That jungle boot looks pretty neat, have to check ebay out.