1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mlyons1, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

hey guys would you give me your opinion what is the best commerical push mower on the market that will hold up?
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Can't really go wrong with a Toro commercial 21".
  3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used Toros, Hondas, and Snappers, before settling on the Snappers. My 21" is built like a tank, and has run like a top since the day I got it - never a single problem with the engine or the body.

Toros do give a very nice finished cut, though.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Snappers are pretty solid but....if you really press usage all the height adjusters wear and the wheel shaft bearing. The drive belt doesn't do well if you get a lot of trash and water built up in that area, needs cleaning constantly and those belts and pulleys wear out. The good news most of the stuff is easily replaceable and the transmission is rock solid. Not sure the same can be said for the Honda hydro per the Dallas guy.
  5. yardtamer

yardtamer LawnSite Member

exmarks and john deere thats what I have had good luck with!
  6. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

i didn"t know exmark made a push mower.how much hp and how big a cut do you have.and is it self propelled?
  7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they have a 26in self propelled with a 6hp Kawi engine. I wanted to get one but couldn't justify the price right now. I went to Sears and got the Professional series 21 instead. It seems to cut good I hope it lasts. :rolleyes:
  8. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

how big a mower did you get and is it a craftsmen?
  9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a PUSH mower but Honda (HRC216's) and Toro's are the best commercial self propelled mowers.