push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matjone, Apr 29, 2008.

1. matjone

matjone LawnSite Member

Hey, I don't know if you're going to kick me off for this but I'm not in the lawn care business. I'm just looking for advice from a professional on what kind of push mower actually works. Every one I've tried I spend more time fixing it than mowing. So if you know of one let me know. Thanks

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you a homeowner mowing your own lawn? If so, you probably would be alright with either a Toro, Exmark, Honda, or Lawnboy. Make sure that you get a commercial series from any of these companies, and you'll be fine.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

How big of a mower are you looking for?

5. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty much any pro model will work. Ariens (sp) makes a pro model that you can throw from a back of a truck and it will still go and mow. Whatever you do look and see one in person and make sure it is self propelled. The pro models have a bunch more and heavier metal to them. No matter what you end up with make sure you winterize it and do a little research on basic upkeep and basic tuneup type stiff that you can do yourself. Im not saying you do not change the spark plugs etc. but lack of upkeep is usually why lawn mowers dont start and run crudy.