Push mower

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by osmann_lawn, Jan 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for a 21' push mower for my lawn care business. What is the best brand for the money? I am looking for something durable & something that will last more than 2 years. Push mower or self propelled?

I am currently looking at:
    Honda -HRX217VKA
    Honda - HRC216PDA Commercial

Let me know what you guys think!

2. twobroslawns

twobroslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I think the HRX is enough for a 21 mower. It has done everything we have asked it too and its almost half the price of a hrc. I plan on getting a lot more than 2 years out of ours. Hope that helps!

3. osmann_lawn

Yeah that is what i hear. Does it drive nice? I checked out your website looks really nice! I have a few Gravley dealers around me & that is what i want to upgrade to eventually. They are great mowers from what everyone told me! How much did your walk behind cost?

4. twobroslawns

The Honda is smooth, fast, and pretty easy to handle. We payed $1600 for the gravely, and the only reason we didn't get another brand was because we needed a 32 inch deck, and this was the only one we could find. We actually got it from a guy in Alabama, and we're from Atlanta. It's had it's fair share of problems, and it is currently not operatae because the wheel fell off after we spent $300 on new tires and tune up and a few other things for it, so that makes me really mad. Honestly, I don't know If I'll buy another gravely. I think it really has to do with the dealer support, and our support leaves something to be desired...

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. twobroslawns

But if you have more than one dealer around, I would say go for it! And thanks for checking out the website! I looked at yours also, and it looks nice too!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. osmann_lawn

Oh wow really? 1600 not bad at all. Did you pay cash for that? Yeah i think i will go with the honda mower i'll get it closer to season with tax money. Did you get the 699 at The Home Depot?

7. twobroslawns

Yes and yes :)