1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

push spreader advice/prefad mixing areas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Coreyb, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

okay, thanks to everyone for the advice on spray tanks. i'm picking up my 200 gal lesco tomorrow. now a few more questions. what's a good push spreader? i've heard lesco or earthway, but the guy who sold me the spray tank (an ls member) says lesco's are crap. i think he would know, he's a pretty serious player in his area. he said anderson (scott's). what do you guys think and what do you use?

also, does anyone use a pre fab type mixing area, if so, what? thanks in advance.:)
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have only used lesco but I have every spreader I have ever bought. They are durable, spread well, I like them. I have also heard good things about the scotts spreader though I have never used one.
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

go with the andersons SR2000 (scotts) it will spread better, farther, and more even then the lesco ever thought of. the lesco is a very well built spreader, as is the andersons. it was a hard choice for me at first (the andersons runs about $475, that includes the cover, deflector, 3rd hole shut off, and stainless frame) but since i had used a lesco before, i new the andersons was far better. try this link http://www.andersonsgolfproducts.com/PDF/Products/APT8091-3_spec.pdf