1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Push type sprayers on the market

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

2. stoker

stoker LawnSite Member

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The pattern is about 6' wide on the 6 gallon one. Im not sure if the smaller ones have a smaller pattern. My supplier only has the 6 gallon ones.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

5. ianmilton70

ianmilton70 LawnSite Member

I recently purchased the Turfex TL80 push sprayer. At the moment I'm having a few hiccups with the service center because they don't seem to comprehend what's going on with my system. There were plastic shavings inside of the tank after I purchased it, I added water to get a test operation and one of the nozzles I received would cause the pump to almost stutter, so I took it in for service and they said nothing was wrong with it. So after contacting Turfex directly, they told me the filter could be clogged. But good machine, I bought it from spraysmarter.com because they seem to have it at the best price. Its supposed to get up to 51,000 sq ft out of the 12 gallon tank and spray up to 8 feet wide. Hopefully it works out for me this season.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Does it seem hard to push when it is full? Note - not on pavement, but on grass??

Also, how wide is the spray pattern, and can you adjust the pattern width?

7. ianmilton70

ianmilton70 LawnSite Member

I've only tested it maybe half way full on sidewalks. Haven't had the opportunity to put it to work yet seeing as how I'm in Michigan. But it doesn't seem too heavy or hard to push. Also I haven't gotten it back from the shop yet to see what it can really do. They say the spray nozzle or boom is adjustable, I still have to you with it to maximize the spray width.
    Posted via Mobile Device