Push Vacs.-Little Wonder or Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnconcepts, Oct 16, 2006.

1. lawnconcepts

lawnconcepts LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I am looking into getting a new Billy Goat push vac to aid in fall cleanups. I have looked at the Billy Goat & the Little Wonder the BG seems to be a couple of hundred dollars less than the LW. Any one use one of these Im not sure which brand to go with?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have a two year old 13hp Billygoat and like it a lot. I was just looking at the new Force Billygoat and I like the fact they have bigger tires on the 13hp model. The big plastic fan housing would not be a concern.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed the Little Wonder vac for a few days last fall. It had get suction and even picked up gumballs if you went slow. The only thing I didn't like was it is heavy but I think they have a new hydro model out this year.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I also looked at the force today it does'nt have the handle that moves the shoot up or down. I like the older BG I have, simply for thr ease of moving the shoot.
  5. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

I have the Billy Goat but the Little Wonder has a LOT more suction than the Billy Goat and it has a steel impeller-the new Goats may be steel now, but I don,t know that. If you get the Wonder, be sure to get the self propelled one because it is heavy to push. My Goat is self propelled and there are things about it that I like better , but the Wonder is so much more powerful that I am trading mine in on the Wonder.
  6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was shopping for new ones the LW had a much better warranty than the BG.
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Snapper with the big wheels. I can tell you it's a pain to push even with the big wheels when loaded.
    IF I ever buy another, it will be self propelled.
    I use mine mostly for parking lot cleanups.