pushbutton gas cans stolen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Gretzmier, Apr 25, 2007.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

while I ate lunch today, my gas cans were taken from the back of my truck. man- and they were the push button kind I've had for 3 years now! what is the deal, they stole maybe 4 gallons worth of gas- 12 bucks worth tops. What sucks is replacing the can's , I've got to find the website that sells them. Any body know it? I guess now I'll be locking up the gas in my enclosed trailer now. I haven't done it before because of the fumes. It seems silly to chain and lock them down in the back of the truck. Any ideas? dave g

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Lock 'em down in the back of your truck.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

This is why I hate people. Scumbags will steal anything that isn't bolted down. Rest at ease knowing they will get theirs.........eventually.

4. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

looks like about 19 bucks each shipped to replace. thanks for the website- dave g

6. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Thieves suck.

Be happy it was only gas. Yeah you can bolt down your gas cans, but if they want to steal something, they probably will. Toolbox. Blower. Trimmer. How about some blue poly tarps? That means the thief is a fellow landscaper.

I purposely keep a decoy (bad) blower on my truck at night, and I hide my good one.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a stretch. every single Item you mentions is something any homeowner would have. Heck a junkie will steal anything to pawn for a quick fix.

8. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

have a gas can in your truck at all time specially marked saying premium gas. Pour a 5 pound bag of sugar in there. You will see a car with a blown motor within 5 miles of you. Stop and ask them if they need a lift and SKUUURRRT out of there flipping them off!

9. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Last season made a new pen to hold the gas cans on the trailer. By mid season was chaining them down. This season they are chained 24-7....

C.

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i have the button cans and get them through j-thomas. i love those cans better than self venting ones.