Pusher boxes are Awsome!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by little green guy, Jan 6, 2001.

1. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

We just got an 8 foot pro-tech thursday, finally, for our skid steer. We got a couple inches friday and I plowed some of the lots with it, I was AMAZED! you guys are right they are good. Me and another guy in a pickup plowed one of the schools in about 1/2 the time it usually takes with 3-4 trucks in the same amount of snow. As Tony the Tiger would say- "their great!"

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Now... don't go and give money back to your customer because you figured out how to be more efficient on the site.

And, if you're charging "per push" - you now have an abject lesson in why you want to become as efficient as possible in your operation.

When you get a foot of snow, the difference gets to be even more dramatic.

Go get 'em !!!

3. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Green Guy,I'am looking at them as well...What kind of cash are we talking for that 8 ft.skid steer pusher.THANKS jrb also good advice John A.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

What size/weight kid steer is needed to push an 8 fter?.I bet you need a big one,about how many HP?

5. John Allin

8 footers work well on Bobcat 753.
    10 footers work well on Bobcat 853, although we have used 10 footers on 753's in light snows (6" or less).
    Don't know about other brands.

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

John A,Others,Can you give me a ball park price on an 8'pusher,I have no idea.Thanks..jrb

7. Guest

Jrb. lawn care I think they are around $3,000 or less, Three years ago we bought a 12' Pro-Tech Backhoe Model and it was a little over $3,000. AND they are the best thing ever made!!!!!

8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

ok here it is-
    skid steer
    6'------$2,100
    8'------$2,400
    10'-----$2,700
    12'-----$3,000

you talk about how great they are talk to Bob Lipinski, hes owned over 50 of them

Nick

9. John Allin

Well.... Lipinski doesn't own 50+ of the skid steer models. He's got 50, or so, of a range of models - mostly the larger ones.

We have 42 of them, and only 6 are for skid steers.

Either way.... sno pushers ARE the way to go for production.

10. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

ok let me fix my post

ok here it is-
    skid steer
    6'------$2,100
    8'------$2,400
    10'-----$2,700
    12'-----$3,000

you talk about how great they are talk to Bob Lipinski, hes owned over 50 of them (not all skid steer)
    or John Allen hes got 42 of 'em (6 skid steer)

Just Kidding with ya john :)