pushing for residential contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by flxinxj, Oct 30, 2007.

1. flxinxj

flxinxj LawnSite Member

When do most lawn service companies get residential to sign a contract? The ones who are on a contract. I am trying to expand and would like to know the best time to really start pushing for new clients. October-November end of last season or March-April right before the season starts.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about contracts but I do know this:

- ANY change, anything new, anything at all, whether you're sure or not: ALWAYS test the waters with new customers first.
    > Price increases, changes in scheduling, whatever, new customers are, if unfortunately, your best choice.
    Because if they like it, you're probably on to something.
    If they don't like it, listen to what they say and gauge the overall responses.
    Once you get the bugs worked out and / or it appears to work without much further ado, you're gtg.

- To convert existing customers simply do it like so:
    Ask everybody, some will readily convert, others will moan and groan a little, some will refuse, now:
    Out of those who refuse, your choice:
    If you don't want to keep them the answer is simple, but if you want to keep them:
    Grandfather clause: Those customers who can't deal with a contract but are otherwise excellent customers you can keep by exempting them from the rule because they came on board before the rule went into effect.

- The best time is in spring.
  3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Agree with above 100% :)