1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pushing snow with Lazer Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JGT, Jan 19, 2002.

1. JGT

JGT LawnSite Member

Hey gang, this may not be the correct forum to ask this on, but since there is a lot of Lazer owners here, I thought I'd ask. I've got a Lazer Z, I'm not a commercial user, just a homeowner with a lot of mowing to do. I've got a long sloping dirveway that's a bear to get out of when it's coverd with snow. I'm thinking of getting the snowblade for my Lazer. Do any of you use the blade to push snow with you Lazers? If so, how does it do? How big a job is mounting the snow blade? All advise is surely appreciated.
  2. plow kid

plow kid Banned

You might want to post this @

3. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

never tried it ,don't snow much in Texas but I have used mine to push leaves and level dirt piles ,the problem i see with snow would be traction ,if you could find some snow chains to fit i bet it would do a pretty good job!:cool:
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You could also use narrower, liquid filled tires along with the chains that big james mentioned to aid in traction.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

in our big:) snow here in carolina recently,i just dropped the
    deck dn and cleared my drive way.seemed to get a fair grip
    as long as u start moving slow. just dont run your deck into something u forgot about . later now
  6. jack D.

jack D. Banned