1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Put a hydraulic jack on my mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burnandreturn, Feb 28, 2004.

1. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I built an onboard hydraulic jack for my mower. I just push a button and the front end of the mower goes up in the air 35 inches. Enough to change blades and clean under the deck. Still have some refinements to make to the jack, but it works.

Eleven yr. old walks in and I'm sitting there making my mower go up and down, with this strange look on my face. She made some comment about how I needed to get out more!!!!!!!

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

"Eleven yr. old walks in and I'm sitting there making my mower go up and down, with this strange look on my face. She made some comment about how I needed to get out more!!!!!!!"

LMAO- your daughter must be best friends or something with mine, the speak the same language.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pictures, we need to see pictures!

4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes please. that would be awsome to see.

5. burnandreturn

Male, from Germany

I will take pictures in the morning and post them here!

6. burnandreturn

Male, from Germany

I mounted a 12v hydraulic pump under the seat. Ran the hydraulic lines along the frame up to the front. Put quick disconnet fittings on the lines. Took a pipe and made a hinge on one end and attached it to the bumper on one side. Mounted a hydraulic ram inbetween the bumper and this hinged pipe. Simple once it was done but I right now just have everything bolted together(wanted to experiment with the attachment points of the cylinder.). I could now run a snow plow or some other implents. I will make a hitch ball that can be raised and lowered. This I will use to move bumper pull trailers at a trailer sales lot I mow. Plan A is to drive up to trailer, maneuver ball under hitch on trailer, press button to raise ball, mover trailer to mow, move trailer back. The owner loved not having to move the trailers himself.

7. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like this is something you should pattent. Great idea!

8. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Dude, you're a genius. We must see pictures. How much did this cost?

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think its been done before, I saw something similar, I believe on a Country Clipper ztr.

10. burnandreturn

Male, from Germany

I just went out and took a couple of pictures. Not good but will try to do better tomorrow.

jack2.jpg