Put my hands on a new Toro Timemaster 30''

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RGM, Jan 26, 2012.

1. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I work part time at Home Depot and we got the Timemaster in Tues night. It looks like a good mower for cutting were you can't get to with your walk behinds 36" or larger. It has the same drive as the Personal Pace looks like a bigger trans with a shape similar to a pearless like on my snapper walk behinds. It is 8.75 ft torque lbs briggs professional engine has a kind of similar walk behind frame with a separate dual blade deck grease less spindles. The handle is adjustable for me a good thing I think most lawn mower handles sit to low. The tires are rubber and wider then regular lawnmowers taller and even wider in the back. Its definitely a heaver gauge metal then then toro lawnmowers. It comes with a recoil start with with a blade engage level on handle and a kill switch. I looked at the manual and it showed other engine options which included a Vanguard with oil filter and electric start version. So maybe it will be available in a slightly more commercial version at the dealers. I'll find at more at the Depots power equipment show next month. I have to get a new walk behind for this year and I think I might pay the extra money and get it instead of a new Honda.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Are the timed parallel blades belt driven...with a cogged belt? This sticks out as a weak point to me. Will the mechanism survive a hidden tree-stump? Time will tell.

3. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

yes they are

4. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

I looked at one at the Landscape Ontario Show in Toronto, and it looked like a decent unit. Certainly is an alternative to a full size walk behind. You can buy 3 of these for the cost of one walkbehind. I am giving it serious consideration. :canadaflag:

5. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

i will definatly look into one . what is home depot getting for these. they are not here yet. i would not mind a homeowner version. i have two comercial toros now. one with 2 cycle suzike and one with new kaw. i love them both, but i saw they have a totally redesighned 21'' with a honda engine. i was looking at on of these because it has a true side discharge. i will hold off till i see one of these 30''

6. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

My only hesitation is the personal pace system, as I have never used one before.

7. Mlawonn

Mlawonn Banned

I would love to see pictures and/or seeing it in action when the season starts...any teaser pictures now? I am really interested in one myself. I am glad that they are putting on a commercial engine as well

8. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

personal pace is great if you are the one doing it. employees tend to walk so slow when you are not watcking them. with the select gear it reminds them how fast they should be going.

9. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

You can watch this mower in action on youtube. I'm really considering one also.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My Ferris 36 with a cogged blade timing belt didn't even have to hit anything. The belt just jumped one day and destroyed the blades. I put 2 new blades and a belt on it and that lasted about 50 hours before the saddles on both spindles broke. The mower has been retired with under 200 hours on it. I do not have patience for that kind of crap.