Putt Putt course aggravation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, May 24, 2004.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Allright, I have been doing work at a putt putt course now for 5 years. The place changed hands last year, and the new owner drives me nuts! Two weeks ago he called at 645 on a friday morning to tell me to have it finished before 1000 that morning becasue a large party was coming, I had already mowed it on Thursday. Last week I call to make sure no parties would be there on thursday, he said no, but he also wanted me to cut the shrubs, I said sure- but I'll do it over a couple of visits-WE're talking about ALOT of shrubs.

So I cut 1/2 of them, he wants to know why I didn't cut this certain set- I told him I was gonna do it next time- He said that those were the ones he really wanted cut the most. AGGRAVATION!

Today I was going back to finish the other half and He decided to start opening early starting TODAY. You can't really get alot done at a course when people are playing golf. So now my happy butt gets to wake up early to cut some bushes before people arrive!!!

Anyone else do putt Putt courses?

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you let him do this to you from the start. But it also sounds like if you hadn't gone along with it someone else would have and you'd be out. So what can ya do. I'v egot oneor two like that but not that extreme.

3. shorty7616

Exactly, if I don't do it someone else will, but I know he can't find anyone cheaper, or realiable.
    I get all mowing done by 1000 in the morning when he opens during the summer. This is a 3 hour job.
    I'm getting burnt out!

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyway you can get a few more dollars out of him? Especially if you are doing it cheap and know he won't find anyone more reliable. This will either make it worth it for you (hopefully) or will save you from getting burnt out from getting run over. People who are demanding pay more for everything, so why not lawn service too?! Then again, it all depends on supply and demand.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

charge him more then. If you are getting burnt out tell him the price is going to charge.

6. shorty7616

I should raise the price, I guess I am more afraid of losing a sure thing and a large % of my income.

This guy just completely sucks as an owner, and couldn't organize a 1 car funeral.

I get more burnt out having to wake up early and be done by 10:00 and then half the time I know he opens 30 min. early to make an extra buck

Should I raise the mowing price? I haven't quoted him a price yet for thr trimming, and will tell him Wed. He will get a premium because I am working the hedge trimming in.